Thursday, February 4, 2010

Searching

When will you know you have found what you have been searching for? Often times we just keep looking aimlessly for something, never knowing where it might be or what it looks like. It doesn't matter, we keep searching, but we don't even know what we seek.

Is it happiness, love, money, or fame? Maybe it's all of them, or none of them. We search for these things throughout our lifetimes, not knowing how to find them. But, have we ever thought that they could already be in our lives? We are looking for something that we already possess.

I wandered aimlessly in hopes that I would find happiness. However, I am already endowed with happiness- so much of it that I could not even see it. It surrounded me like the air I breathe. I never even noticed.

We might have everything we need, but we don't realize it. Humans have a tendency to want more and more. It takes effort to look beyond the surface and see what is really there.

"...I discovered I had within me all along all that I was looking for: love- more than enough for others, and plenty for myself. Truly, all that I sought was also seeking me." -Naomi Horii

No comments:

Post a Comment