Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Use your voice

I feel very lucky. Lucky to be alive and lucky to have what I have.

I was watching this interview, and they told a little boy in Liberia:
"A lot of people, if they don't eat for one day, they'll be crying."

He said, "but I was brave. When people come to kill you, how would you feel? You don't want to eat."

It's true, we take everything for granted. I can remember the times when people told me to feel lucky that I have food, a home, clothes ect. I would not really care. I was a kid, what did it matter to me? If things don't directly affect us, we tend to ignore them.

If you ignore something, it doesn't make it go away.
It's still there, you just aren't paying attention to it.
You can't wish away problems; you can solve them.

Don't stand by, ignoring will only make things worse. If someone is bothering you, give them a reason to shut up. It doesn't matter if everyone around you is against what you stand for, because somewhere in the world, there's someone who thinks the same way as you. Stand up. Use your voice, because if you don't, no one else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment